Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My Horses

I have 2 horses named Sadie and Boo. I got Sadie about 5 years ago and Boo came into my life about 2 years ago I think. I used to compete with them and I miss it dearly, hopefully I'll get back into it in the next few years. I was "that new girl that would randomly show up and win" whenever I showed with Sadie. I'm still training Boo, he's a bit too high strung for the cross country jumping. I loved eventing. Eventing is a 3 part show, it consists of dressage, show jumping, and cross country. Boo is a lot better than Sadie at the dressage but just about every time I've ridden him on course he's dumped me off. I don't jump Sadie that much anymore because she tore the deep flexor tendon in her back leg, and she kept having leg issues once we started really getting into it. I just haven't had the time to take lessons and to really train Boo that much lately.
I still ride every weekend for fun, and I finally took a lesson a couple weeks ago for the first time in about a year. So hopefully I'll be getting back into it soon. :)


-Danie

2 comments:

  1. That sounds cool! I hope we should go riding some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was soooooooo fun riding with you!!!!! We should go again sometime!! I really like Sadie she is a good girl! Thank you so much for letting me ride with you.
    Happiest horsy girly

    ReplyDelete